Another way of working online is through video marketing on video channels like youtube, vimeo, daily motion etc. Video sites like youtube is the destination
or people of all ages and has specialised channels like youtubekids, youtube gaming and youtube music. Most social media sites also allow adding of video to posts and messages.
Youtube is the second largest search engine in the world with more than a billion visitors daily.
WHY INVEST IN VIDEOS
Videos just like any website is about providing valuable content to visitors. People like watching videos and alternate it with reading. Most people listen to or watch videos on their mobile phones on their way to and from work, checking news, course content, product reviews, how to videos etc.
TYPES OF VIDEO
- honest informative explainer videos e.g. product reviews,
- instructional videos –
- topical discussions
- entertainment and comedy
- radio and tv talk shows
- religious programmes
- plr content summarised for info purposes
- updates of old videos
- filming of annual festive events
EQUIPMENT OR TOOLS (paid or/and free)
camera on phones or tablets and pcs
digital cameras (using a stand)
- screencast tool,
- windows movie maker,
- powtoon, etc.
- microphone on laptop and desktop pcs
- webcam on pc
FORMS OF VIDEO
- montage, i.e text and image with some music in the background,
- your own pics made into video or movie
- combination of music, pictures
- make a screen capture (using ScreenFlow for Macs and Camtasia for PCs) are great options,
- slideshows, using Keynote or PowerPoint slides
APPLICATION OF CONCEPT – (OWT4.0) PART ONE
 determine your niche;
- make searches in youtube for videos similar to what you have in mind.
- note keywords and look for value that you will give in yours that cannot be found in others.
- also craft a title related to your keywords –
 download (and ave on your pc) royalty free music from video music sites to add to your video e.g
 look for relevant free images to go with your video – (download and save on your pc)
 Set up a google account or set up a youtube account through your google account, using your own name or a brand name for your videos channel. In some cases your video should be ready for upload before you can set up a youtube channel
 learn how to use youtube video manager
 Make a script of your video and rehearse audio narration if you would like to add audio to your video.
- record the video in (any of the programmes mentioned in above) a programme like windows movie maker, screencastomatic, biteable or powerpoint.
- Save it into acceptable format like mp4;
- further save it into google photos (not for all devices)
- upload it to youtube. give it time to upload
- add a music track to it from the free tracks on youtube. (also takes time to upload)
POINTS TO NOTE WHEN MAKING A VIDEO
- two or more tools can be used in recording one video – merging sections as and when desired
- audio can be recorded separately and merged with text.
- audio can be recorded using sound recorder on your pc, a mic attached to your pc or inbuilt features of your camera
- most video software have similar as well as differing features
- editing tools are separate for some software
- pc and mac (apple) use different tools for recording, and editing videos