How to Monetise You Tube Videos
Monetising a You Tube video goes with its optimisation and promotion. Any new video has zero views and zero subscribers.
These start building up through organic search and as video is seen. However a video based on a trending issue or helpful topic can go viral instantly. Views and subscribers can also be increased through sharing video on other platforms and engagement on the content. It is advisable to enable monetization after having a 100 views and when several videos have been uploaded into your channel.
Ways to promote and monetize your video
Promoting your video helps to attract leads, views and sales as more people see, like and get value from it.
Several ways of monetising your video is through:
- partnering with You Tube through AdSenseby allowing adverts to be placed on the video.
Just like any AdSense programme, producing good videos with helpful content in your niche is required.
Payment depends on how viewers interact with the adverts. If you already have an AdSense account, associate it with your You Tube account or you create a new AdSense account for your video channel. Payment is made when a reach a specific amount, usually $100 is reached.
Steps to enable monetisation
Before you enable monetisation, ensure that all your videos comply with the terms that YouTube specifies.
- Under channel settings, (in your you tube channel) go to monetisation,
- Add a related AdSense account or create new one.
- Select the type of ads you’d like and
- Add your billing info
- Daily Motionvideos are also monetised through adverts;
- making a review video of your own product and products of companies you are affiliated with
- making fan pages on various social media and share videos to potential customers there;
- linking out to other channels and groups in your niche by joining and interacting with their videos;
- using video s.e.o to rank the video on the first page in order to attract much traffic
- advertising your video using google adwords.
You dont need a website to have a video channel but linking a website to your video channel increases visitors to your website and other benefits associated with it.
Improve your content and video as you go along and you will also get better viewership